Tungstenboride is a dark powder. It has the molecular formula WB2 with high metal conductivity.
Particle sizes: 10-20um
About Tungsten Boride WB2:
Tungstenboride is an alloy of tungsten, boron. They are known for their remarkable hardness. When loads exceed 3N, WB’s Vickers hardness or -tungsten diboride WB2 Crystals is less than 20 GPa.
Tungsten bore density 10.77, and Tungsten bore melting point 2900°C.
You prepare it by heating tungsten or boron to a high heat.
Tungsten bore has many properties, including a high melting point and high hardness. The superhard material is new and has high melting points. This is an important material that can be used to protect against bullets in military operations.
Since more than 50 year, it is believed that the rich phases diagrams of tungsten alloys and the structure of various phases are ever-changing.
WB4 is the highest form of Boride. It has a grid structure made up of three-dimensional boron atoms. This is where the initial principle calculation and thermodynamic instability are combined. The thermodynamic stability along with mechanical properties and possible structures of the tungsten carbid system are systematically studied.
It is WB3 made of two-dimensional plane-boron atoms and not WB4 which contains three-dimensional boron grids that should have the highest boride. In the borate system, tungsten’s shear modulus transformed its formation energy. This shows that their mechanical properties and thermodynamic stability are closely linked.
The free diffusion coefficient WB2 makes it possible to synthesize dense tungsten-diboride mostly by using high-temperature and high-pressure sintering technologies. It is cheaper and less expensive than sintering technology. Instead, B will infuse at high temperatures.
To prepare bulk WB2 materials from tungsten powder or boron powder, however, it can be difficult to determine the amount of boron.
The sintering of hypoborate can also result in compact bulk material with WB2 not being obtained.
If you are interested in buying Tungsten Boride powder, please send us an inquiry.
How is Tungsten Boride WB2 produced?
1. Use metal tungsten or boron for raw materials. Mix the two and heat at 1400. Then react again to create tungsten boreide. Next, cool the product and smash it.
2. Tungsten can be mixed with stoichiometric Boron powder at a Molar ratio of W. B=2 to 1, and then sintered at 1200 to 1300°C in an argon atmosphere or vacuum to produce two tungsten bores.
3. You can use the solid phase technique. Tungstenboride can be prepared using tungsten and/or boron. Here is the reaction equation. Mix the elemental boron and tungsten powder to get tungstenboride. You can continue the reaction until you get W2B. After that, cool the mixture and crush it to make the product.
Tungsten boride WB2 powder Feature
Tungsten boride powder Molecular formula: WB2
Tungsten boride powder CAS NO:12007-09-9
Tungsten boride powder density:10.77g/cm3
Tungsten boride powder melting point:2900
Tungsten-boride powder Solubility & Stability
Do not dissolve in water Can be dissolved with aqua regia or certain concentrated acid.
Tungsten boride powder Purity: >99%
Tungsten boride powder Particle size: 10-20um
Applications Tungsten Boride –
For wear parts, and for semiconductor thin film.
WB series compounds possess a high melting temperature, high hardness and high conductivity. They also have wear resistance, high resistance to high temperatures, corrosion resistance, and high resistance to high temperatures. The WB series compounds are also highly used for their neutron and radiation shielding abilities. Materials and in other industries. Tungstenboride can be made from the reaction of element boron with metal tungsten heated in an electric oven. It is a compound of W-B type and it has many applications in the future.
1. Prepare a workpiece using a high-quality tungsten Boride-rich coating.
2) This method prepares a hard material made of tungsten-diboride. The first step is to use a mechanochemical process to make tungsten-diboride powder at ambient temperature using high-purity, pure tungsten (W), powder and boron(B) powder as the raw materials. After that, in an argon atmosphere, high-temperature Sintering is applied to dehydrate the synthesized powder. This technique can produce compact tungsten dioxide bulk material by using sintering in normal pressure and temperature conditions. It has excellent properties like hardness and stability. There are many uses for it, such as in cutting tools, corrosion-resistant materials and new shielding material.
Storage condition of Tungsten-boride WB2 powder
Damp reunion can affect the WB2 Powder dispersion performance. WB2 should therefore be stored in vacuum packaging and kept in cool, dry place. The tungsten-boride WB2 dust cannot be exposed to air. WB2 powder shouldn’t be exposed to stress.
Shipping and Packing of tungsten boride WB2 Powder:
We offer many packing options that are dependent on WB2 tungsten powder quantities.
Packing of Tungsten boride (WB2) powder:vacuum packed, 100g to 500g or 1kg/bag. 25kg/barrel. Or as you request.
Tungsten boride WB2 pulver shipping: can be sent by sea, air or express as soon after payment receipt.
Luoyang Tongrun 15giorni Technology Co. Ltd.
Send us an enquiry if you’re looking for top-quality tungstenboride powder. (email@example.com)
Tungsten Diboride Properties